Essential Oils: Bathroom and body care
- A few drops of Citronella essential oil on a small piece of cotton cloth or a cardboard tube will effectively deter cats from the area in which it is placed.
- When bathing your pet dog, add 3 – 5 drops of essential oil such as Lavender or Tea tree to your final rinse water before you pour it over your pet’s coat. Avoid the eye area.
- Sprinkle a few drops of Lavender pure essential oil onto your pets bedding to help deter fleas. It also helps get rid of any unpleasant animal odour.
- After washing your dog, put a couple of drops of a favourite fragrant oil into the palm of your hand. Gently rub your hand along the length of the animal’s spine only, so as they are unable to lick it.
- Sprinkle a few drops of Lavender essential oil onto your pet’s travel blanket in the car to ease any anxiety if taking them to the vet.
- Add 3 drops Lavender essential oil, 2 drops Lemongrass essential oil and 3 drops Citronella essential oil to a natural dog shampoo.