Essential Oils: Living areas and office
- In the home, revive potpourri which has lost its scent, by adding a few drops of fragrant oil or essential oil. Stir the mixture well.
- Drop some essential or fragrant oil onto a rock crystal to help create a pleasant room scent.
- Vetiver, Cypress or Cedarwood essential oils all make lovely firewood-scenting oils. Place a few drops onto a dried log. (Allow time for the oil to soak in before putting the log onto the fire).
- Sprinkle a few drops of Lavender essential oil onto the sofa cushions to help create a lovely room scent and relaxing atmosphere. ( Note: Lavender oil does not stain)
- Scent artificial flower arrangements by carefully dropping your favourite fragrant oil onto individual leaves and flowers. Repeat every few days.
- Sprinkle a few drops of Clove Bud or Eucalyptus oil over bookshelves to prevent mildew from forming on the books.
- Place 5- 8 drops of pure essential oil such as Rosemary, Lemon or Sweet Orange onto the ceramic base of an electric vaporizer sitting on your desk. Electric vaporizers are ideal as they do not need water and a flame to heat the oil and can be safely left unattended. Rosemary is a mentally stimulating oil and aids concentration. Citrus oils such as Lemon and Sweet Orange are uplifting and refreshing.
- Place a couple of drops of ‘energizing’ pure essential oils such as Rosemary and Peppermint onto a small ceramic or wooden dish and keep near the computer in your workstation. Repeat the process as necessary whenever the scent fades.