Essential Oils: Craft and gift
- Place a few drops of fragrant oil onto your papier mache work to create a lovely, scented work of art.
- To create special scented stationery, simply drop some fragrant oil onto cotton wool balls. Place them in a sealed plastic bag with the paper. Make sure that the stationery to be scented is wrapped in an outer sheet of paper, so that the oil may not accidentally stain through. Leave to infuse for a few days.
- To make an aromatic inhaler, wash out well an empty Chap Stick tube and let dry. Put a cotton wool ball in the tube onto which a few drops of your favourite essential or fragrant oil have been placed. Inhale and enjoy. Ideal to keep in your handbag.
- Add a few drops of Lavender essential oil to children’s play dough mixture.
- Sprinkle a couple of drops of Lavender essential oil onto your child’s favourite bedtime soft toy to help promote a restful sleep.
- When making a beanie toy, add 1 teaspoon of Lavender essential oil to the bean mixture before sewing up.