Travel Tips Using Essential Oils
- Place a couple of drops of fragrant oil onto a business card or cardboard bookmark and keep it in your handbag. It will lend a lovely fragrance to your bag.
- Add 1 – 2 drops Lemon essential oil to purify a glass of water when travelling.
- Put a few drops of Tea Tree essential oil onto some damp tissues and seal in a small zip lock plastic bag. Useful as a hand sanitizer.
- To make a simple anti-stress inhaler while travelling, mix a few drops Geranium, Lavender or Clary Sage essential oil together with 1 tsp salt in a small glass jar fitted with lid. When required, open the jar and inhale the soothing aroma.
- Mix 1 part fragrant oil with approximately 10 parts of water into a small spray bottle. Spray it lightly over the seats in the car.
- Sprinkle a few drops of essential or fragrant oil onto a tissue and place in the air vents of the car.
- Using a cloth scented with a few drops of essential or fragrant oil, simply wipe across the dashboard.
- Sprinkle a few drops of fragrant oil directly onto the car mats to impart a long-lasting fragrance.
- Make your own windscreen cleaner by mixing 1 cup of water with 1 cup vinegar. Add 5 – 10 drops Lemon essential oil to mixture in a spray bottle. Shake well and spray over windscreen. Wipe dry with a clean cloth or wad of newspaper.