1. A few drops of Citronella essential oil on a small piece of cotton cloth or a cardboard tube will effectively deter cats from the area in which it is placed.
2. When bathing your pet dog, add 3 – 5 drops of essential oil such as Lavender or Tea tree to your final rinse water before you pour it over your pet’s coat. Avoid the eye area.
3. Sprinkle a few drops of Lavender pure essential oil onto your pets bedding to help deter fleas. It also helps get rid of any unpleasant animal odour.
4. After washing your dog, put a couple of drops of a favourite fragrant oil into the palm of your hand. Gently rub your hand along the length of the animal’s spine only, so as they are unable to lick it.
5. Sprinkle a few drops of Lavender essential oil onto your pet’s travel blanket in the car to ease any anxiety if taking them to the vet.
6. Add 3 drops Lavender essential oil, 2 drops Lemongrass essential oil and 3 drops Citronella essential oil to a natural dog shampoo.