Using Essential Oils to Repel Pests From Your Garden
- Place a few drops of Lavender essential oil onto your neckerchief as you garden outdoors. It will feel refreshing and help ease any sunburn that may occur on your neck.
- To keep mosquitoes at bay, rub a few drops of Lavender essential oil ‘neat’ onto the exposed areas of the skin or onto clothing. ( Lavender oil does not stain)
- Add 1 teaspoon of Citronella essential oil to an unscented candle to create your own outdoor Citronella candle.
- Combine 5 drops of Citronella essential oil with 1 tablespoon of light Olive, Coconut or Sweet Almond oil. Put in the palm of your hand and rub over the exposed areas of your skin such as the arms and legs. This will help deter annoying biting insects as you work outdoors.
- Add 10 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil to a teaspoonful of oil and rub well into exposed skin to protect from mosquitoes.
- To repel mice or ants, add 2 tsp Peppermint oil to cup of water in a spray bottle. Shake well and spray in the areas affected and near entrance holes.
- To make a simple antifungal plant spray, add 8 drops of Patchouli or Tea Tree essential oil to 3 litres of water. Apply as a spray to leaves and stem.